Tuesday, June 1, 2010

J Declares Fatwa on "Text-Dating" (Sexting OK)

Soooo, arriving back in civility-aka, Dallas, has been absolutely fantastic for my love life. Within two weeks of moving home and graduating I have been on numerous dates and hookups with two fine young gentlemen, one of whom is about to be a 2L at a Dallas law school which shall remain nameless. Notably, said gentleman, has taken a clerkship in Texas's horrid capitol city. Nonetheless, that doesn't keep law boy-we'll call him Forest, for lack of man-scaping, from texting me throughout the day.

No, these aren't your simple, cutesy, "Hope you're having a great day!" texts. Rather, they are full fledged, multi-text converFUCKINGsations. I thought surely this had to be Forest's own phone faux pas, and I was willing to let this habit slide until another suitor-we'll call him OURockBod, began doing the same damn thing after our hookup (one of those hookups you hope ends after the night, but I have sweet friends who like to give my phone number out).

I'm having such a Carrie moment. Surely SHE wouldn't stand for this MAJOR indiscretion. I mean, is this not a fucking bloody red flag frantically waving at Gen-Y to fix our shit before we ROYALLY fuck our kids up with nonexistent communication skills?! I would venture as far to say that even Junior High AIMing was more acceptable dating than this!

Sorry for the freakout, but I am petrified about our future. Mind you, I'm only referencing two 22-23 year old men, but these guys aren't fuck-ups, they're your extraordinary "Most Likely to Succeed," football star types.

Until something changes, I refuse to vindicate this behavior and hereby declare fatwa on couple-y text convos that exceed four texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment